1. Introduction and General Terms
In order for Hawks Crane Hire Ltd to provide you an efficient and quality service, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- What information Hawks Crane Hire Ltd may collect about you;
- How Hawks Crane Hire Ltd will use information we collect about you;
- When Hawks Crane Hire Ltd may use your details to contact you;
- Whether Hawks Crane Hire Ltd will disclose your details to anyone else;
- Our choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
As set out above, Hawks Crane Hire Ltd is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998 (UK) and The Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive 2003 (EC).
We take the security of any data we process very seriously. Our software is regularily updated, tested, and secured. We have firewalls and secure access policies in place, as well as procedures and training to ensure the data we keep is held secure.
2. What information will Hawks Crane Hire Ltd collect about me?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from any Hawks Crane Hire Ltd website, such as online purchases, enquiries, or newsletters, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, e mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or company details. Depending on the service we may ask for different personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Hawks Crane Hire Ltd to provide you with the services you select.
Please note that sometimes on particular webpages we will require you to provide additional personal information, to help us provide a more thorough service.
3. How will Hawks Crane Hire Ltd use the information they collect about me?
Hawks Crane Hire Ltd will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
for "service administration purposes", which means that Hawks Crane Hire Ltd may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in paragraph 4 below (e.g. to complete an online order, or reply to enquires);
to contact you about a submission you have made to the websites, enquiries, any entry on the contact page.
to personalise the way Hawks Crane Hire Ltd content is presented to you (e.g. if we notice that the first thing you look at every day is electric hoists, then we may present this information as a most popular link or favourite);
IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and to analyse and improve the services offered on Hawks Crane Hire Ltd.co.uk, heightsafety.co.uk, selbyengineering.co.uk, and liftingandhandling.co.uk to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
Where Hawks Crane Hire Ltd proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent unless we have a legal obligation to continue processing your data.
4. When will Hawks Crane Hire Ltd contact me?
Hawks Crane Hire Ltd may contact you:
- In relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that Hawks Crane Hire Ltd can deliver the services to you;
- Where you have opted to receive further correspondence (e.g enquiries);
- In relation to any orders you have placed on Hawks Crane Hire Ltd websites;
- To invite you to participate in surveys about Hawks Crane Hire Ltd services (participation is always voluntary); and for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see paragraph 5 below)
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Hawks Crane Hire Ltd won't contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you unless you specifically agree to be contacted for these purposes.
6. Will Hawks Crane Hire Ltd share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in paragraph 7 below. Generally, we will only use your information within Hawks Crane Hire Ltd. However, sometimes Hawks Crane Hire Ltd requires third parties (manufacturers on direct orders, couriers etc.) to process your information. Hawks Crane Hire Ltd will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Hawks Crane Hire Ltd will also require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
7. Offensive or inappropriate content on Hawks Crane Hire Ltd website
If you submit or post offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to www.hawkshire.com, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on these sites, Hawks Crane Hire Ltd will use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Hawks Crane Hire Ltd reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have posted may be fraudulent or defamatory), then Hawks Crane Hire Ltd may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to Hawks Crane Hire Ltd websites. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
9. How long will Hawks Crane Hire Ltd keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Hawks Crane Hire Ltd. In the case that you wish to cancel your registration as a Hawks Crane Hire Ltd member, please contact us (using the details at the footer of this notice) and this can be done manually for you. please note that due to a legal obligation, this will not be possible if there is a live order with ourselves, it is only once the order is completed and our legal obligation has expired, that we may remove your information from our database.
Where you sign up to a Hawks Crane Hire Ltd website we will generally keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted. For example, if you sign up for a user account, basic information will not be deleted unless requested, thus making it possible for future enquiries, orders and quotations with Hawks Crane Hire Ltd to be completed with greater ease.
10. Can I find out what personal information Hawks Crane Hire Ltd holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Hawks Crane Hire Ltd holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will require you to prove your identity with one of our admnistration staff. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
Please contact us (using the details at the footer of this notice) to request a copy of any information held by Hawks Crane Hire Ltd.
Alternatively, you can find view and update most of the personal data that we store about you on the ‘My Profile’ section when you log in to your online account.
11. What if I am accessing the Hawks Crane Hire Ltd websites outside the UK?
13. Cookies Policy - Information Hawks Crane Hire Ltd collects from you
Hawks Crane Hire Ltd
Green St Green Rd,
Phone: 01474 703187
Fax: 01474 703402